We have been asked a lot about what the trip will include...here is a brief overview!!
- Arrive in Hong Kong (2 days) - relax and get over jet lag
- Kunming, Yunnan (4-6 days) - Visit Kunming's Social Welfare Institute (hopefully to meet with the new director), meet with Emma's 'finder', and visit the foster village where Emma was likely fostered.
- Nanchang, Jiangxi (4-6 days) - Meet Lingao, Visit his finding spot, visit the Fuzhou Social Welfare Institute (note - this is an hour or two drive from Nanchang), and visit with his foster family, if possible.
- Guangzhou, Guangdong (3-4 days) - Lingao has a medical appointment to ensure he is healthy/clear to travel to the US, and then he has an appointment at the US consulate to become a US citizen (which will occur the day he lands in the US).
- Drive from Guangzhou to Hong Kong to fly home!
That is the itinerary!!
We are currently looking for a guide for the non 'lingao' part of the trip. This will include the trip to Kunming, if not the entire thing. Please let me know if anyone has any leads!! Must be bi-lingual, love little kids (we have 3 of them!), and comfortable with the adoption process. We will pay for time, travel, air/hotel, etc.
We will be traveling in December at some point. We really have some flexibility so it may come down to costs, timing of when we can do it, and when can get a guide to facilitate the trip to Kunming with us. Happy planning to me!! ;-)