Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Good news from the ENT!

I just want to take a minute to celebrate the fact that this little guy passed his first hearing test yesterday!! There were a few slight variations from ideal hearing but the audiologist said it still fell in the normalish range. The ENT confirmed that his tubes look good too! 

We are so darn excited to, hopefully, see this kiddos mood improve as his ears continue to feel better!!  




Funny enough, jake - my 16m old - is getting tubes placed tomorrow. He has had ear infections up the wazoo so hopefully this saves me from the painful ad hoc doctors visit during walk in hours with 4 kids in tow.



The good news is we love the boys ENT doctor at U of M. After seeing Luke in the afternoon yesterday, we ran into him at the pool yesterday evening. We will see him again tomorrow morning with jake. Hopefully that's the last time for a few months!

3 comments:

journey to Madisyn said...

we had a first ear infection as well. My BFF is a chiropractor and fixed her completely. I just wanted to keep our cl.cp daughter from China, out of the operating room as much as possible, If the tubes continues to fall out every 6 months or so, give it a shot.

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! Kick butt Lucas!!

Unknown said...

Hi there! I somehow found your blog through some rabbit hole of china adoption blogs, I'm sure. ;) I just wanted to pop in and say hi and I really hope the tubes are a turning point for you. We have been home for 2 months with our little guy and it has been anything but easy. I read your blog and I can so relate to what you are going through(we have 4 kids too 1,3,5 and 7). Anyways, just wanted to give you a big hug and let you know that you aren't alone! Erin