Here she is!! What an amazing, precious child.
First family picture at the Civil Affairs office
About 5 mins after Emma arrived!
After the civil affairs appt we then went to the police station to apply for Emma's Passport. This process takes about 4 days so we wanted to get it started today. Although you can't tell, she was all smiles at this appt as well.
In the van on the way to the police station
Applying for Emma's Passport
A few tidbits that we know so far:
- So far she is super happy, smiles a whole lot.
- That said, she does not want to sleep. When we put her in the crib or leave the room she will cry.
- She has 1 full tooth and 1 poking through (hence she is drooling a lot!).
- She is walking!! We figured this out when she walked over to get some puffs from us in the civil affairs office.
- She told us when she had to poop in Mandarin today (our guide helped explain). The funniest part is that the word for poop and daddy are basically the same (baba). They are different 'tones' but we couldn't tell so it was good the guide told us.
- She did her first sign today for 'more'. We showed her like 5 times and then she did it herself! Those sweet potato puffs are like crack you know.
- She just took her first bottle of the day (at 5 pm). She eats a ton of food (cracker, puffs, fruit, pretty much anything we give her) but the bottle is still something we are working on.
- She sucks her thumb (its adorable!)
As I mentioned, Emma was clearly fighting sleep today. We couldn't figure out what would help her go to sleep. Finally around 4 pm we went downstairs to get some dinner from the hotel restaurant. Not even 30 seconds in the high chair and she fell asleep. We think she just felt comfortable in it so finally relaxed enough to fall asleep.