We made a calendar for Lexie to countdown the days until we are home from China. She just loved the advent calendar so this is along those same lines. She also gets a gift every morning while we are in China. Thank you Angie for this lovely idea, best $15 I have spent at the dollar store.
Speaking of gifts...I received the loveliest package in the mail today from my dear friend Angie (same one that recommended the gift/day idea). Included in the package was a bunch of items for our trip -- Starbucks Via, Tide to go packets, & a bunch of medical items for Emma that we did not own (scabies cream, lice soap, laxative suppositories, infant gas medicine...all yummy things, right?!). Anyway, it came in the most gorgeous bag and included a sweet note and even a pair of socks for Emma!
I can't tell you how much I cherish my online friends who have helped us over the past 8 months.
- Nicole - who led me to Living Hope. If I wouldn't have run across Nicole's blog, I would probably still be with an agency that would have had a 2 year wait for a referral!
- Mary - who's paperwork made it to China the same day as mine and who received her referral for Gracie the same day as we received our referral for Emma. What a week that was!!
- Martha - who waited our 30 day grueling PA wait with me and was the only person who understood what it was like to be on the fence for that long! Angie who has given me positive reinforcement through the process.
- Pam who cheered me on during my TA wait & who has an Emma on the way as well. Pam got her TA today, yea!!
- Tracy - who I am traveling with from Guangzhou to Hong Kong and has put up with my crazy questions during our itinerary planning.
- Christy who's DD is in Kunming and who, as an adoption expert, has given me invaluable feedback.
- Tera who helped me when I wasn't sure about timing for a personal event in December. :-)
- Kam - who helped me see how much love you can have for a child you've never met.
- Dietra who I first met through my friend in town Lana b/c she thought we may want to chat b/c we were both adopting from China. Turns out, Hayden was found in the same area as Kunming as Emma & who lives only an hour away from us now.! Dietra - thank you for the Ergo, it is packed!!
We leave Thursday...China here we come!! I posted our itinerary to the right navigation for those interested. Our next post should be from Hong Kong!!